Garlic Prime Rib Recipe, by Chef Mike
The best recipe. Perfect for the holidays or that special occasion. A big hit with my husband and family love it when I make this. I have such a big family, I usually have to buy two, seven bone-in roasts and double my ingredients.
Servings: 15 servings
- 1 10 lb Prime Rib Roast The roast should be at room temperature (4 hours)
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 10 Cloves Fresh Garlic chopped
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes uncovered. The internal temperature of the roast should be at 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) for medium-rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 or 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
I made this on New Year's Day. Thanks Chef Mike for this amazing recipe!